Yesterday, I spent time with my niece, her husband and a few of their friends reviewing my year and planning for 2014. This is the first time that I’ve joined a group of people in this process. It was such a great experience.
We began with Susannah Conway’s workbook “Unraveling the Year Ahead”. It’s free and downloadable off her website. Thanks, Susannah!!
Prior to entering 2014 planning, we need to leave 2013 behind.
2013 was an incredible year for me.
- While I had a few unexpected challenges at work, they have resulted in a new assignment with fantastic people and better balance in my life.
- With improvements in the housing market, I was able to sell an investment property that had been incredibly costly over the last seven years. While I didn’t make money overall, I removed a debt that cleared the way for exciting things to come.
- I traveled to Churchill, Manitoba to see the polar bears. I love to travel and since finances have improved, I was able to make it happen. Also, this is the first big trip I’ve taken since my photography skills have improved. It was so much fun and such a good way to celebrate.
- I’m happy. That is the biggest aha for me this year. Recognition that I’m in a good place and I’m happy with who I am has been the highlight of 2013 for me.
- One of the challenges for me was seeing how unethical bullies can be rewarded. It’s been a bit of a struggle, but I’m focused on the fact that I can’t control everything (as much as my inner control freak tries). I also believe people reap what they sow and that you can’t hide from karma. I’ve worked to move on from that situation, but occasionally some bitterness still seeps through.
So as I wash the 2013 dust off my feet, I’m excited for an amazing 2014. Not just for me, but for all of you, too!