A Brief Pause

making time to experience everything life offers

A Brief Pause - making time to experience everything life offers

Walk With Me Challenge #walkwithme

dog with leather leashIt’s always good to have someone to join me when I get out to exercise. So I’m asking you to be my walking buddy or rolling buddy, if that applies. Please walk with me.

I know you are busy. No excuses this time, okay? You can bring the kids, your significant other and even invite your friends. The more the merrier.

Add it to your calendar.
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 at 7:15
Morning or evening, you ask? Whichever one works for you.

I’m going to try to do both. This way, if one time is during the night for some of you in other places of the world or you have to work, you can still join me.

THE CHALLENGE

It doesn’t matter where you walk or jog, just take your first step at 7:15 am or pm. If you are in a wheelchair, make your first push at the same time. If moving a longer distance is too much for you right now, walk once around the block. We’ll do it together.

Please help me spread the word. Write a blog post and link up in the comment section here. If you aren’t a blogger, share it on Facebook or Twitter or, just the old fashioned way, with a phone call. The hashtag is #walkwithme.

How many people will be joining us? I’m hoping it will be a crowd.

On May 3rd, I’ll put up a post very early so we can share our thoughts on how it went.

Thanks for being my walking buddy. You are helping me on my journey to health!

• Anita Ojeda says:

What an awesome idea! I’ll join you :).

April 10, 2014 at 6:17 am
  • jasteck says:

I look forward to it, Anita!

April 10, 2014 at 6:20 am
  • Dawn says:

I’m in!

April 10, 2014 at 6:21 am
  • jasteck says:

Yay!! I’ll find a location and send it out for those of us in the Denver area.

April 10, 2014 at 6:28 am
  • Annah Elizabeth says:

What a FABULOUS idea, Jennifer!

What this brings to mind is a post I wrote almost a year ago, the day I participated in my first 5K. In anticipation of turning 50, I wanted to do something I’d never done before. I titled the post, “I am the cure.” I’m including the link as an added bit of inspiration to your cause. http://thefivefacets.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-am-cure.html

I’ll be in Syracuse presenting The Five Facets Philosophy on healing, but I look forward to hitting the pavement during the morning portion of this challenge! It will give me a boost and help clear any of those stage nerves! lol Who knows, I might just join you on the evening walk, as well, as a way to relax after all of the excitement. :)

TGhanks for the challenge!
    Yours in healing and health…
    ~AE

April 10, 2014 at 7:35 am
  • Chris Carter says:

I will GLADLY join you on your walk!! PM time though- I am unconscious at 7:15am. LOL

Is there a cause for this? I feel like I am missing something here. Simply for health? I mean, that isn’t simply at all! That is HUGE and SIGNIFICANT!! Just curious if there is a mission behind this that I wasn’t aware of…

Remind us all when we get closer to the day, would you?

Thanks friend!!!

April 10, 2014 at 7:57 am
  • Karen says:

What a wonderful idea! I’m adding it to my calendar.

April 10, 2014 at 9:18 am
  • Rena McDaniel says:

I’m in! I will be walking in a 3K for arthritis on September 20th and a 5k on October Saturday October 18th. I HAVE to get in shape after this long winter! If anybody would like to donate to these two great causes. Go to alz/org team name “SOLE SISTERS” and arthritis.org also team name “SOLE SISTERS” WE NEED DONATIONS!

April 10, 2014 at 9:34 am
  • Carol Cassara says:

Love this idea. Yes.

April 10, 2014 at 9:34 am
  • Triplezmom says:

This is a fantastic idea! I will be with you in the evening, as my daughter has a dance competition that morning. Though the way I run around at those, I think it counts. :)

April 10, 2014 at 2:59 pm
  • jasteck says:

Annah, You are an inspiration. Congratulations on your first 5K! I’m so glad you shared your link. I can’t wait to hear how it goes. :)

April 10, 2014 at 7:58 pm
  • jasteck says:

I’ll be thinking of you as I walk at 7:15pm, Chris. Thanks for the great questions. I’ll put together a vlog over the weekend to explain a bit more. The cause is you…and me…and everyone else who participates. The challenge is for us to take back our health or enhance our health. Who knows? Maybe we’ll even inspire others to do the same thing. I will send out reminders. You’re welcome, friend!!

April 10, 2014 at 8:01 pm
  • jasteck says:

I’m so glad you are joining me…us, Karen. This is going to be really fun. :)

April 10, 2014 at 8:03 pm
  • jasteck says:

Let’s help Rena with her fundraising for her 5k’s. They are for great causes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Count me in!!

April 10, 2014 at 8:07 pm
  • jasteck says:

I’m so glad you are joining us, Carol. You are one of my inspirations. :)

April 10, 2014 at 8:07 pm
  • jasteck says:

I’m sure your running around counts, Triplez. I’m so glad you are still going to join us. :)

April 10, 2014 at 8:10 pm